My neighbour’s daughter gave me an old powder coated steel bench and I’m modifying it…
Success! I restored my older trimmer, saved money, and learned about batteries in the process…
Don’t throw stuff away! Learn how to fix it and save the Universe…
My good friend Dean found this Donald Duck statue in Hamilton at an antique store. I was looking at this on ebay before and it was selling for over $400 US!
A little walk through our garden early this summer including my Mikey Mouse topiary.
I found this gramophone at the”Restore” in Fonthill.
With a little TLC she came back to life. It just need the needle arm lubed and some small repairs. Sounds great and was less than a hundred bucks.
I wanted to replace out patio seats cushions with new ones and see them myself. Mandi and I found this cool outdoor fabric in Hamilton on sale. It fits in with the “Tiki Room” theme. After several frustrating attempts to see them with my old cheapie sewing machine I finally gave in and bought a new (old) machine: a Pfaff 230 which is very sturdy. I don’t need a lot of fancy features but I wanted a machine that would go through stiff fabric since I’m going to be sewing my car upholstery as well.
I finally got to mount the Magic Kingdom sign I bought years ago on ebay. It looks great on an arch I made over my entrance gate.
I was constructing the new fence in our backyard and decided to add something special to the gate. This was a simple thing to do but looks great. I just bought some soft aluminum metal from Home Depot and bent it into shape using a paint can as a guide. I put it up against the gate and traced it’s shape then used a jigsaw to cut it out of the wood. Some brown caulking around the edge makes it look more fitted.
I added the purlins (cross-members) to my pergola and finished off with sheets of corrugated polycarbonate sheets. This stuff is super tough, lets the lights through, and also protects the furniture from UV light and rain.
I finished just as the rain/snow(!) started flying. Now on to the deck boards, fence, etc.
I’ve decapitated the plastic macaw I bought and started to add details with two part epoxy putty. This is working pretty well as I’m trying to get him closer to Jose from the tiki room before I make a mold. I have to order silicone mold making rubber and liquid plastic to make duplicates of the head.